Sunday, March 14, 2010

Water Barrels

Wow what a day, it started out great, heading to Lowes for parts to build the water barrels, who knew there were so many types of faucets! Do I get the cute little ones or do I get the industrial size never to break ever in my life time size? Okay I put the cute ones in the basket, now I go get the parts that I need to attach the faucet, also so many sizes and styles, you would have thought it was a week before the prom and I needed a dress and a date! Okay, find what I think will work, so it is off to the adhesive section, again I get what I thought I needed. Do you see the pattern building here, I am getting what I think is needed, did I mention that I brought Chuck and Christal with me. So then we get to talking about what they think is needed and of course I start putting my stuff back and taking their suggestions. Back and forth I go , this aisle then back to the other aisle, never anything in the area that I am already in. SO I am leaving Lowes with the industrial size faucets, adhesive, thing ama jigs, and other stuff. I am tired and hungrey, stop at Golden Corral for brunch, head home, get a call from Shelley, rush over to K's to meet Shelley and K. Alright, we are ready to install faucets into rain barrels as well as overflow pipes. Okay the paddle bits we have are not working well for the size hole that is needed, Shelley makes it fit. Malydia shows up and makes the other 2 fit, we have applied adhesive, wait for 24 hours ! What my stuff said wait only 3 hours, why did I not listen to myself instead of others. Okay on to the next step, the overflow hose, it will not fit on the attachment to the barrel! Again , not the one I picked out, it was C & C's idea. So long story short, okay it is already to long to make short, "follow your own ideas instead of others if you want your plan to work"!  It was still a great day.

1 comment:

  1. So, did the faucets set right? What's up with the brunch part?? You never mentioned that while we were waiting for yas!!!

    ReplyDelete